Reflecting the overall theme of the 25th Anniversary ING Spring Conference – “Let’s Grow The Game” – Freedom Golf Association has signed as Presenting Sponsor of the annual gathering of golf industry leaders and media.
The non-profit International Network of Golf will conduct the conference, schedule for May 31-June 3 at beautiful and historic Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL. ING is where “media connects with the golf industry.”
Everyone in the golf industry and media is invited to attend the conference and address the key issue of growing the game of golf. FGA understands and facilitates that important goal, and knows first-hand the effectiveness of the ING Spring Conference in delivering the message.
“As Founder and Chairman of Freedom Golf Association, I am pleased to have FGA partner with the International Network of Golf for its 25th Anniversary conference,” said Chairman Edmund Q. Sylvester. “FGA joins ING in the effort to grow the game of golf and make it inclusive for all people.
“Golf is anyone’s game. FGA will showcase the opportunities for the golf industry to engage the special needs community during the ING Spring Conference. There are 57 million disabled Americans. 6.7 million play golf now and another 18 million have indicated interest in participating in the game. This is an opportunity for the game to grow, which it should not ignore, and ING understands this.”
FGA will participate in various elements of the conference, some of which will focus on the growth of golf. Elements of the conference include:
• The ever-popular One-On-One Appointment Show, where exhibitors will have pre-scheduled, 20-minute private meetings with media and attendees of their choice;
• The Demo Lab, where manufacturers will display their latest clubs and training aids for attendees to test first-hand;
• Educational seminars and workshops: Subjects include Marketing & PR; Social Media Marketing; State of the Industry and Player Development, among others.
• The 25th Anniversary Reunion Dinner. Former ING members are invited to attend the Tuesday night awards dinner and play in the Durland Cup on Wednesday morning. Among the awards being presented at the dinner is the Dennis Walters Courage Award, presented to someone who has overcome great odds to contribute to the game of golf.
• The WAGT National Qualifier. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Tour National Championship Sept. 24-26 at Shawnee Inn & Resort.
• Plus, the many networking sessions that ING is famous for.
ABOUT MISSION INN RESORT & COUNTRY CLUB
Located in the storied Central Florida town of Howey-in-the-Hills, Mission Inn Resort & Club is an elegant, 1,100-acre destination resort located just 35 minutes from Orlando. Mission Inn is renowned for its picturesque rolling hills, orange groves and shimmering lakes.
There are two signature courses at Mission Inn – El Campeon’ which opened in 1917 and Las Colinas, a Gary Koch design. The golf experience is truly remarkable from the scenery—hills that roll and pitch, mature pine and magnolia trees that tower, eagles and ospreys that fly overhead. The terrain of this part of Central Florida, originally orange groves, provides up to 85 feet of elevation changes,
Featuring distinct Spanish Colonial architecture and luxurious amenities, Mission Inn offers Orlando area travelers a choice of accommodations ranging from deluxe hotel rooms and club suites to one-, two- and three-bedroom suites with stunning resort and golf course view. www.missioninnresort.com.
ABOUT FREEDOM GOLF ASSOCIATION
Freedom Golf Association (FGA) is dedicated to bringing joy and a sense of freedom to the special needs community through their inclusion in the game of golf. FGA assists those with limitations by promoting, professionally supporting and holding adaptive golf clinics and events. FGA’s passion is bringing resources together to advance the number of individuals with special needs enjoying and playing the game of golf. www.fgagolf.org.