The bad news? Delivering a marketing message to such a wide range of ages can be a difficult challenge for golf companies large and small.
Attendees at the 29th Annual ING Spring Conference in Sebring, FL, this May will learn how to tackle that challenge in one of three ING University sessions, entitled “Trends In Generational Marketing.”
The conference is set for May 19-23, 2019 at the SEVEN Sebring Raceway Hotel, formerly the SEVEN Sebring Raceway Hotel Hotel and Conference Center in Sebring, Florida.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media and golf industry connect.”
Anyone in the golf industry and media is invited to join ING and attend the conference. Call 407-474-0531 for details.
The ING University session on Generational Marketing will take place on Wednesday afternoon, May 22 at the conference host SEVEN Sebring Raceway Hotel. It is one of three educational sessions planned for that day.
Jacob Pewitt Yancey will lead the session. He serves as the Director of Consumer Insights & Analytics for VISIT FLORIDA, heading up the state marketing arm’s research team. The research team is responsible for producing quarterly estimates of the number of visitors to Florida, evaluations of the effectiveness of VISIT FLORIDA’s marketing, and consumer insights used in planning the company’s marketing strategy.
An economist by training, Jacob has spent most of his career working in and around state government. Most recently he served as the Director of the Office of Research and Planning for CFOs Jimmy Patronis and Jeff Atwater. When he’s not doing research, you can find him petting one of his five cats or backpacking in the mountains of Colorado.
Jacob will take a deep dive into what data shows about the differences between generations of golfers and how to market to them most effectively. His talk will be full of practical tips based on golfers’ attitudes and behaviors that will help you understand how to position your business to be appealing, and what channels to use to reach them.
The ING Spring Conference will feature a full schedule of networking and educational events:
- ING One-On-One Appointment Show: This is a series of 15-minute, private meetings between exhibitors and attendees.
- ING Demo Lab: Attendees test the latest equipment, training aids and instructional tips on the range and putting green.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include an Entrepreneurs Panel, Generational Marketing, Social Media Marketing and more.
- GOLF: Various golf tournaments will be conducted, both in team and individual formats. Included is a local qualifier for the U.S. Golf Challenge National Championship.
- NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception at Rafter T Ranch and the Tuesday Night Banquet.
Plus, at this year’s conference there will be an extended stay program on Thursday May 23, with golf, attraction tours and drag racing at the famed Sebring International Raceway.