Golf companies attending the ING Spring Conference this year will have the opportunity to have their products featured on radio and TV Shows taking part in this annual gathering of golf media and industry executives.
Media Row returns this year as part of golf’s most unique networking session, the ING One-On-One Appointment Show at the 30th Anniversary ING Spring Conference May 31-June 3 at the Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia, PA.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media connects with the golf industry.”
Anyone in the golf industry and media is invited to join ING and attend the conference. Call 407-474-0531 for details.
Media Row consists of golf shows that receive a display table in the very popular ING One-On-One Appointment Show. Shows set up their recording equipment at the table, and every 15 minutes a new company representative comes to the table to be interviewed for a feature that will be used during a future airing of the show. It is also a chance to meet prospective partners and sponsors.
There is space for up to six shows/podcasts in this year’s Media Row. This year’s Media Row lineup includes three new entries.
- Biggs Golf Talk featuring Bigg Jon Vic and Bill Cuebas, will take part in all three days of the Appointment Show, including a two-hour live broadcast on Tuesday. Biggs Golf Talk is celebrating its 15th year in 2020.
- Golf Scene TV Show from Chicago, with host Steve Kashul, will be recording interviews with Exhibitors for use in future episodes. Kashul is a 23-year veteran of professional radio and television. The Golf Scene TV show airs weekly on Comcast Sportsnet.
- Golf Shop Radio Network, with owner Charles Humphreys, is based in Charlotte, NC. It airs weekly in various markets throughout North Carolina.
Returning to Media Row this year are:
- Tony Leodora, host of Golf Talk Live in Philadelphia, The Traveling Golfer TV Show, and editor of Philadelphia Golfstyles Magazine.
- Fred Altvater, head of the Back 9 Media Group, which includes the Roku TV Show, the Ohio Golf Journal, the Michigan Golf Journal and a radio show.
The ING Spring Conference schedule is full of exciting networking opportunities, educational seminars, product testing and golf.
- APPOINTMENT SHOW: The ING One-On-One Appointment Show was created to place an emphasis on business relations between the media and golf companies, resorts, destinations and entrepreneurs. Participating companies set up tabletop displays and conduct private meetings held every 15 minutes. Media members use the time to gather story material, do interviews and nurture relationships. PGA members can meet with their current or prospective vendors.
- DEMO LAB: The new ING Short Game Demo Experience will take place on Tuesday morning June 2 at Blue Bell Country Club. Companies featuring putters, wedges, training aids and other products will set up on the short game practice range and putting green where attendees try the products first hand. The Long Game Demo Lab, featuring companies with woods, irons and training aids will take place Monday at Raven’s Claw Golf Club.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include the Entrepreneurs Panel, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and more.
- GOLF: Various golf tournaments will be conducted, both in team and individual formats.
• NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception and the Tuesday Night Banquet.