One publication and one product will be honored in the ING Conference Best awards program at the 28th Annual ING Spring Conference May 20-23 at the IP Casino Resort & Spa in Biloxi, MS.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media and golf industry connect.”
The “ING Conference Best” awards will recognize one issue of a publication and one golf product or service among those on display at the ING Spring Conference.
The golf publication rules are:
- Publication SHOULD NOT be judged on size, quality of paper, circulation, or the number of times it is published.
- Publication SHOULD be judged on
- How it utilized the available space;
- Amount of information, entertainment delivered to the reader;
- Quality of articles, photography, graphics;
- Creativity of its “departments” or regular features;
- The attractiveness of the cover;
- Overall enjoyment and satisfaction from reading or browsing the publication.
- Any publication that has a representative registered for the ING Spring Conference and which has published continually for at least one full year prior to the conference is eligible.
- Publishers should bring ONE issue to enter in the competition.
- Attendees will have up to four days to study the entries before voting. Winner will be announced the final night of the conference.
The golf product/service rules are:
- Any product or service, shown at the ING Conference.
- Company must be in attendance at the ING Spring Conference at a minimum of Appointment Show level to be eligible.
- Attendees will study the entries during the One-On-One Appointment Show and/or the Demo Lab. Winner will be announced the final night of the conference.
Winners form the 2017 ING Spring Conference were: Publication – Golfstyles; Product: (tie) – High Heat fairway metalwoods & Oska Pulse.
The ING Spring Conference schedule is packed with networking, educational and golf events designed to help all attendees enhance their standing in the golf industry. Highlights include:
- APPOINTMENT SHOW: The ING One-On-One Appointment Show was created to place an emphasis on business relations between the media and golf companies, resorts, destinations and entrepreneurs. Participating companies set up tabletop displays and conduct private meetings held every 15 minutes. Media members use the time to gather story material, do interviews and nurture relationships.
DEMO LAB: The ING Demo Lab will take place on Monday morning at Shell Landing Golf Club. Companies with golf equipment and training aids set up on the range and putting green where attendees try the products first hand.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include Marketing & PR, Social Media Marketing and more. Also, ING TALKS, structured like Ted Talks, returns with four sessions.
- GOLF: The World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Qualifier will take place Monday on the Davis Love-designed Shell Landing Golf Club. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Championship Aug. 2-4 at the Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis, MS. In recent years, ING Qualifiers John Duval and Jim Smith have won their flights in the National Championship and went on to represent the USA in the World Championship.
Also, the 11th Annual Durland Cup team scramble will take place The Oaks Golf Club on Wednesday.
- NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception and the Tuesday Night Banquet.
To register for the ING Conference, or to find out more about ING, visit www.inggolf.com, or call 407-328-0500.