One publication and one product will be honored in the ING Conference Best awards program, conducted at the 25th Anniversary ING Spring Conference, scheduled for May 31-June 3 at beautiful and historic Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL.
The non-profit International Network of Golf will conduct this annual gathering of media and golf industry companies and leaders. ING is where “media connects with the golf industry.”
Everyone in the golf industry and media is invited to attend the conference and address the key issue of growing the game of golf. Visit www.inggolf.com for information and registration forms.
The “ING Conference Best” awards will recognize one issue of a publication and one golf product or service among those on display at the ING Spring Conference.
- Publication SHOULD NOT be judged on size, quality of paper, circulation, or the number of times it is published.
- Publication SHOULD be judged on
- How it utilized the available space;
- Amount of information, entertainment delivered to the reader;
- Quality of articles, photography, graphics;
- Creativity of its “departments” or regular features;
- The attractiveness of the cover;
- Overall enjoyment and satisfaction from reading or browsing the publication.
- Any publication that has a representative registered for the ING Spring Conference and which has published continually for at least one full year prior to the conference is eligible.
- Publishers should bring ONE issue to enter in the competition.
- Attendees will have up to four days to study the entries before voting. Winner will be announced the final night of the conference.
The golf product/service rules are:
- Any product or service, shown at the ING Conference.
- Company must be in attendance at the ING Spring Conference at a minimum of Appointment Show level to be eligible.
- Attendees will study the entries during the One-On-One Appointment Show and/or the Demo Lab. Winner will be announced the final night of the conference.
The ING Conference’s presenting sponsor this year is Freedom Golf Association. FGA is a 501(C)(3) charitable organization dedicated to bringing joy and a sense of freedom to the special needs community through their inclusion in the game of golf.
The Dennis Walters Golf Show will kick off the Demo Lab on Tuesday, June 2 at Mission Inn. He will also be at the 25th Anniversary Reunion Awards Dinner that night, to present the Dennis Walters ING Courage Award to this year’s recipient. ING presented Walters with the courage award in 1994, and then named the award in his honor. It goes to an individual who has overcome great odds to contribute to the game of golf.
The conference will feature a full schedule of networking and educational events.
• The Demo Lab, where manufacturers will display their latest clubs and training aids for attendees to test first-hand;
• Educational seminars and workshops: Subjects include Self & Team Motivation, Marketing & PR; Social Media Marketing; Player Development Panel and others.
• The 25th Anniversary Reunion Dinner. Former ING members are invited to attend the Tuesday night awards dinner and play in the Durland Cup on Wednesday morning. Among the awards being presented at the dinner is the Dennis Walters Courage Award, presented to someone who has overcome great odds to contribute to the game of golf.
• The WAGT National Qualifier. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Tour National Championship Sept. 24-26 at Shawnee Inn & Resort.
• Plus, the many networking sessions that ING is famous for.