Two executives from Strategic Solutions International will conduct motivational and self-improvement workshops on the course and in the classroom at the 25th Anniversary ING Spring Conference, scheduled for May 31-June 3 at beautiful and historic Mission Inn Resort in Howey-in-the-Hills, FL.
The non-profit International Network of Golf will conduct this annual gathering of media and golf industry companies and leaders. ING is where “media connects with the golf industry.”
Everyone in the golf industry and media is invited to attend the conference and address the key issue of growing the game of golf. Visit www.inggolf.com for information and registration forms.
Connie Charles, founder and CEO of Strategic Solutions International Inc., has specialized in helping organizations meet their objectives through improvement of the way they motivate, manage and educate their people. She has overseen the domestic and international growth of SSI, which has a client base that has included Aramark, PNC Bank, DuPont, Lockheed Martin, Visa, J.P. Morgan, Coca-Cola, Bank of America, First Data Corp, Boeing, Accenture, L3 Communications, Schlumberger, Hewlitt Packard and State Farm Insurance.
Connie’s most recent accomplishment is the development of a new web based collaboration tool called imapMyTeam®. This interactive site connects people on a team with insights about how to build strong relationships, the foundation for success of any team. Organizations now have a fast, low cost method to take teams to the next level of performance. Connie used imapMyTeam to connect an organization of more than 1,000 people on a high stakes program with a $25B revenue target.
In 1993, Connie developed a unique approach to helping business people improve their performance by using the golf course as a classroom. The principles that help a person play a better round of golf are some of the same ones that apply to business improvement. This has helped differentiate SSI from other consulting firms and enabled Connie and her team to gain access to corporate executives who play golf. She has turned the golf course into a classroom for business executives and their teams. Most recently, she has turned this into a software application called imapMyGolf, which has been piloted with the SW section of the PGA as well as with many golf professionals who have given it rave reviews as a leading edge tool for managing your game.
Dave Bisbee, a consultant with SSI, is the Director of Golf Operations at Seven Canyons Golf Club in Arizona. He has worked with many Fortune 1000 companies such as Hewlett Packard, Merrill Lynch, and IBM to design and deliver programs that improve customer relations, inspire individual organizational change, and to motivate teams to respond successfully in an ever changing business environment.
As a performance consultant he is known for his ability to assess results relative to goals, facilitate changes that lead to success, and to develop the personal competencies that put individuals in control of their destinies. Most recently his development role in creating imapMyGolf—a personalized self-management tool—is rewriting golf coaching.
Prior to the conference, registered attendees will receive surveys from SSI. After they have completed and returned the surveys, Charles and Bisbee will use the data to create workshops customized for the ING Spring Conference.
For more information on SSI and imapMyTeam and imapMyTeam, visit http://ssizone.com/web/index.php.
The ING Spring Conference will feature a full schedule of networking and educational events.
• The ever-popular One-On-One Appointment Show, where exhibitors will have pre-scheduled, 20-minute private meetings with media and attendees of their choice;
• The Demo Lab, where manufacturers will display their latest clubs and training aids for attendees to test first-hand. Trick shot artist will kick off the Demo Lab with an exhibition;
• Educational seminars and workshops: Subjects include Marketing & PR; Social Media Marketing; State of the Industry and Player Development, among others, including the SSI workshops.
• The 25th Anniversary Reunion Dinner. Former ING members are invited to attend the Tuesday night awards dinner and play in the Durland Cup on Wednesday morning. Among the awards being presented at the dinner is the Dennis Walters Courage Award, presented to someone who has overcome great odds to contribute to the game of golf.
• The WAGT National Qualifier. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Tour National Championship Sept. 24-26 at Shawnee Inn & Resort.
• Plus, the many networking sessions that ING is famous for.