Three more companies have committed to exhibit in the 28th Annual ING Spring Conference May 20-23 at the IP Casino Resort & Spa in Biloxi, MS.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media and golf industry connect.”
Anyone in the golf industry and media is invited to join ING and attend the conference. Call 407-328-0500 for details.
EDUKAYTION GOLF, established in 2002, is a premier golf instruction company and the home of Golf 8.5 – a new generation of learning. Kay McMahon, Director of Instruction, created Golf 8.5, a simplistic approach to golf instruction, disrupting traditional teaching and easing the confusion that golf is difficult to learn. McMahon and partner Eloise Trainor teach Golf 8.5, only 4 things to do before the swing and only 4.5 things in the swing, to counter the myriad of thoughts planted in people’s minds, making golf easy and quicker to learn and improve. McMahon and Golf 8.5 won the 2015 ING Industry Honor for player development. www.edukaytiongolf.com.
INPUTT, a simple to use portable patent-pending putting training tool guides a golfer’s body to replicate the same stance and stroke on every putt. INPUTT helps a golfer identify and correct mistakes by teaching an easily repeatable putting stroke. The simple plastic mold is set up on the practice putting green and allows golfers to practice keeping the putter head square through the stroke. Results are immediate. INPUTT is handcrafted in the USA and designed for both right and left-handed golfers. www.inputtgolf.com.
KNUTH GOLF added to its reputation of bringing cutting edge technology to the market by introducing the High Heat 257+ metalwoods at the PGA Merchandise Show in January. The High Heat 257+ technology is a result of a rule change two years ago that allows more trampoline effect in the toe and heel areas of the clubface. High Heat 257+ with its novel 3-trampoline technology is the only brand with the highest CT (characteristic time) in the toe and heel areas for providing the same distance as the center of the face permitted by the rule change. “The ball comes off so hot no matter where you hit it on the face,” said Gary Van Sickle of the Morning Read. www.knuthgolf.com.
The ING Spring Conference schedule is packed with networking, educational and golf events designed to help all attendees enhance their standing in the golf industry. Highlights include:
- APPOINTMENT SHOW: The ING One-On-One Appointment Show was created to place an emphasis on business relations between the media and golf companies, resorts, destinations and entrepreneurs. Participating companies set up tabletop displays and conduct private meetings held every 15 minutes. Media members use the time to gather story material, do interviews and nurture relationships.
- DEMO LAB: The ING Demo Lab will take place on Monday morning at Shell Landing Golf Club. Companies with golf equipment and training aids set up on the range and putting green where attendees try the products first hand.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include Marketing & PR, Social Media Marketing and more. Also, ING TALKS, structured like Ted Talks, returns with four sessions.
- GOLF: The World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Qualifier will take place Monday on the Davis Love-designed Shell Landing Golf Club. The top five finishers in this individual stroke play net competition will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Championship Aug. 2-4 at the Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis, MS. In recent years, ING Qualifiers John Duval and Jim Smith have won their flights in the National Championship and went on to represent the USA in the World Championship.
Also, the 11th Annual Durland Cup team scramble will take place The Oaks Golf Club on Wednesday.
- NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception and the Tuesday Night Banquet.
To register for the ING Conference, or to find out more about ING, visit www.inggolf.com, or call 407-328-0500.