Three more companies have committed to exhibit in the 28th Annual ING Spring Conference May 20-23 at the IP Casino Resort & Spa in Biloxi, MS.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media and golf industry connect.”
Anyone in the golf industry and media is invited to join ING and attend the conference. Call 407-328-0500 for details.
CHASE54, for the fourth straight year, will provide gift shirts and staff clothing for the ING Spring Conference. CHASE54 is golf apparel designed to push the limits of what’s considered possible: In fit. In feel. In fashion and performance. The garments are made to shatter expectations of what golf apparel can be, both on and off the course. With over 30 years of manufacturing experience, CHASE54 strives for unprecedented excellence in each and every piece of clothing made. This passion and dedication can be found in every precise stitch and unique feature of each and every garment.
VISIT MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST is the official host of this year’s conference. Tucked away between New Orleans and Mobile there’s 62 miles of scenic coastline just waiting for you to discover. A little slice of southern coastal heaven, where waters are nice and calm thanks to our barrier islands. A place where you can paddle, swim and drift the day away. Great golf is abundant, with legendary designers like Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Davis Love III, Mark McCumber, Jerry Pate, and Tom Fazio doing some of their best work there. Outstanding casino hotels like the IP Casino provide first-class lodging, gaming and nightlife.
WORLD AMATEUR GOLFERS CHAMPIONSHIP USA will again conduct an ING Qualifier for its National Championship, which is set for Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis, MS in August. The ING National Qualifier will take place on the Shell Landing Golf Club on Monday, May 21. WAGC is a global amateur golf competition where golfers of all skill levels compete to make their way to the World Finals, which will be held in Malaysia Oct. 20-27. Team USA will also be represented in Johor, Malaysia with the winners from five (handicap flighted) divisions. Players will compete in regional tournaments and five majors to make it to the Team USA National Championship in August. Competition at the National Championship will determine who will receive an all-expense paid berth to the World Finals.
The ING Spring Conference schedule is packed with networking, educational and golf events designed to help all attendees enhance their standing in the golf industry. Highlights include:
- APPOINTMENT SHOW: The ING One-On-One Appointment Show was created to place an emphasis on business relations between the media and golf companies, resorts, destinations and entrepreneurs. Participating companies set up tabletop displays and conduct private meetings held every 15 minutes. Media members use the time to gather story material, do interviews and nurture relationships.
• DEMO LAB: The ING Demo Lab will take place on Monday morning at Shell Landing Golf Club. Companies with golf equipment and training aids set up on the range and putting green where attendees try the products first hand.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include Marketing & PR, Social Media Marketing and more. Also, ING TALKS, structured like Ted Talks, returns with four sessions.
- GOLF: The World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Qualifier will take place Monday on the Davis Love-designed Shell Landing Golf Club. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Championship Aug. 2-4 at the Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis, MS. In recent years, ING Qualifiers John Duval and Jim Smith have won their flights in the National Championship and went on to represent the USA in the World Championship.
Also, the 11th Annual Durland Cup team scramble will take place The Oaks Golf Club on Wednesday.
- NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception and the Tuesday Night Banquet.