The ING networking concept, PayING It Forward, returns for the 28th Annual ING Spring Conference May 20-23 at the IP Casino Resort & Spa in Biloxi, MS.
The non-profit International Network of Golf, the industry’s only media-based networking organization, conducts this annual gathering of media and golf companies and leaders. ING is “where the media and golf industry connect.”
While PayING It Forward is structured to promote relationship building, it goes well beyond that by encouraging the creation of instant beneficial programs between attendees who have not worked together in the past.
The PayING It Forward program will kick off on opening night of the ING Conference, when attendees will be asked to link up with someone they have yet to work with. Following a discussion of their businesses and objectives, the attendees will create a plan to assist their new contact without expectation of reciprocation.
Attendees will be asked to share their plans with the ING staff prior to the conclusion of the conference, and then report back to ING once the plan has been facilitated.
“In today’s challenging business climate, it is more important than ever for individuals and companies to cooperate in a mutually beneficial way,” said ING Executive Director Mike Jamison. “That has always been the true essence of ING, and the PayING It Forward program will strengthen our objective of helping each other grow our businesses and careers.”
The ING Spring Conference schedule is packed with networking, educational and golf events designed to help all attendees enhance their standing in the golf industry. Highlights include:
- APPOINTMENT SHOW: The ING One-On-One Appointment Show was created to place an emphasis on business relations between the media and golf companies, resorts, destinations and entrepreneurs. Participating companies set up tabletop displays and conduct private meetings held every 15 minutes. Media members use the time to gather story material, do interviews and nurture relationships.
- DEMO LAB: The ING Demo Lab will take place on Monday morning at Shell Landing Golf Club. Companies with golf equipment and training aids set up on the range and putting green where attendees try the products first hand.
- EDUCATION: Sessions include Marketing & PR, Social Media Marketing and more. Also, ING TALKS, structured like Ted Talks, returns with four sessions.
- GOLF: The World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Qualifier will take place Monday on the Davis Love-designed Shell Landing Golf Club. This individual stroke play net competition will be divided into five flights. Winners of those flights will earn complimentary entry and accommodations in the World Amateur Golfers Championship, USA National Championship Aug. 2-4 at the Hollywood Casino in Bay St. Louis, MS. In recent years, ING Qualifiers John Duval and Jim Smith have won their flights in the National Championship and went on to represent the USA in the World Championship.
Also, the 11th Annual Durland Cup team scramble will take place The Oaks Golf Club on Wednesday.
- NETWORKING: Several networking sessions are planned, including the Opening Night Welcome Reception and the Tuesday Night Banquet.
To register for the ING Conference, or to find out more about ING, visit www.inggolf.com, or call 407-328-0500.